In which I bake a lovely lemon drizzle cake...
This is a nice quick easy recipe once again passed down from my grandma :)
- 4 oz (120g) margarine
- 5 oz (150g) caster sugar + ½ cup sugar for topping
- 6 oz (180g) self raising flour
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon
- Preheat over to 160°C.
- Cream margarine & sugar together.
- Beat eggs and add to mixture.
- Fold in flour.
- Grate lemon rind and add into mixture.
- Add milk and mix thoroughly.
- Bake for ~1 hour.
- Leave cake to cool in tin for ~10 minutes.
- Squeeze juice from lemon and add to ½ cup of sugar.
- Pour sugar mixture over cake and leave to cool.