In which a vanilla and chocolate cheesecake is made ahead of tea testing...
Obviously tea testing requires suitable cake (someone else was already making scones for it) so a decadent cheesecake was required :)
- 175g caster sugar
- 450g cream cheese
- vanilla pod
- 75ml lemon juice
- 175ml crème fraiche
- 625ml double cream
- 150g dark chocolate
- 25g butter
- 12 dark chocolate HobNobs
- Crush your biscuits of choice (HobNobs :D ) with a rolling pin.
- Melt butter.
- Press into the bottom of a 9-inch cake tin.
- Chill in fridge while preparing filling.
- Cut the vanilla pod open and scrape out the seeds.
- Mix the sugar, cream cheese and vanilla seeds together.
- Whisk lemon juice, 475 ml cream and crème fraiche until they form soft peaks.
- Fold the mixtures together.
- Melt dark chocolate into remaining cream.
- Cool until you can make a trail with it.
- Put a third of the cheese mix into the base.
- Swirl chocolate mix on top.
- Repeat until all the filling has been used.
- Use a sharp knife/long cocktail stick to swirl the mixtures together.
- Chill for approx 5 hours (I did overnight).