In which I look back on a year (ish) of blogging and look ahead to 2013...
That Was The Year That Was!
Firstly WordPress have provided this nice summary of my year in blogging: http://tinkertailorsoldiersponge.com/2012/annual-report
So this is my first proper year of blogging (I posted a few things before but wasn't really regular at all). It's been a lot of fun and I'm definitely here to stay :) I've managed the majority of my 3,000 odd views this year :)
Let the summarising commence!
The main event was Project Thor which was a lot of fun and helped keep me in shape.
I didn't do much in the way of Airsoft this year :(
I've had a placement at AstraZeneca which has been very useful and is still on going. I've also started looking into PostDoc options.
I drank lots of tea and so it was a good year :)
On to 2013!
Having survived the apocalypse let's have a few New Year's Resolutions:
I'll keep tinkering. No particular promises here but expect some more $latex LaTeX$ and Linux stuff along with anything interesting I find out :)
- There will be some cryptic updates to Project 0 soon!
- ManSSAGO is hosting the Manchester 2013 Cartoon Rally in February which I intend to have a costume for (I'm thinking Inspector Gadget).
- Project Reynolds has a slight delay due to the party being moved back. This Project will be finished by mid-February.
- I intend to get down to 13 stone for Project Reynolds and then down to 12½ stone by October.
- There will be more sotumes later in the year :)
- I will definitely airsoft more next year!
- There will be some site reviews!
I'm 'contractually obliged' to make cakes until March sometime once a week so expect more cake making. It'll give me an excuse to use my new Mason Cash mixing bowl and silicon utensils :D
- I'll finish my placement at AZ.
- I will get a paper written (and hopefully published).
- I will collect all of the data!
- I will probably decide on PostDocs/future plans.
I'm expecting to get the following things* to review next year:
*I should go on KickStarter less!
Armed with my trusty new leaf tea, teapot and a new review style I will continue to drink lots of tea!